Post by Admin on Jul 11, 2013 22:37:30 GMT
General Rules and Regulations of the Federation Outreach board
- Please, no promotion or advertisement. If you wish to link to an external site please keep it on topic.
- Spam is a waste of board space, and unfair. By all means, if you're feeling random go start a thread in the designated off-topic areas. But pointless keyboard smashing and the like is irritating and will be removed.
- Please use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation when posting. Chatspeak is irritating to read and doesn't convey the sort of message we're looking to convey here at FO.
- Respect, respect, respect. Please show respect to your fellow members, regardless of age, education or opinion. Public arguments will not be tolerated and harassment will result in a swift ban. If you are experiencing a problem with another member please send a polite PM to the Admin account and it will be dealt with accordingly. It is also important to respect the decisions of the staff here at SO.
- Race, religion and equality are very sensitive issues. As such, treat them sensitively. Think before you post. Could anybody be offended when reading your post? If so then please revise it.
- Reference to so called 'triggering' topics is strictly controlled. They are never to be used casually. It is understood that for the purposes of some posts such as those of the Problems board for those having a difficult time may be necessary, and for that reason we ask that you put a [trigger warning] in the title of your post.
- Cross posting is when you are unsure of where a thread you want to start belongs, and so you make multiple copies of the thread across many boards. Please, don't engage in cross posting. If you believe that your post may not be in the right area then mark the title with [Placement?] in the title and a member of staff will check out the thread and move it if necessary.
- Double posting - that is, posting twice in a row in the same thread without anybody else's reply breaking it up - is considered bad forum etiquette. The only occasion that double posting will be allowed is a single topic BUMP every 48 hours. If after 3 BUMPS your topic has not gained interest, it will be locked.
- Vulgar language is forbidden. This includes the use of any kind of offensive, discriminatory, or otherwise inappropriate material deemed unsafe for younger members. Swear filters are in place, but please don't give us a reason to use them.